National Science Day

 Today (28th February), the famous Indian scientist C.V Raman discovered an interesting phenomenon related to scattered light called Raman Effect. Who is this so-called C.V Raman, you ask? Just the legendary physicist who won a Nobel Prize in Physics! And with his discovery, he helped thousands who were working in this field. That is why he is our theme of the 2021 National science day and trust me, he deserves it.




Every year the theme is different like last year was women in science. Did you have any idea that nearly 93 years ago, a curious scientist researched how and why the sea blue, and just with that thought, drove deeper in the field of light and discovered an amazing breakthrough in science? Not that we are short of any surprises, but did you know that the day he discovered this phenomenon was today (28th February)??!! Close your eyes and think, this day, that year. 

I used to be so curious when I used to attend my science classes (Vikram Sarabhai centre here in Ahmedabad), in the labs, I saw his posters hung, as I read his history and how he got the Nobel Prize, I was absolutely in love with his theory and how with just a simple thought he achieved something extraordinary.

I also made a science day poster which came out well and I am embarrassed to say that I did not include him (Sorry Mr Raman, I’ll include you next time! ) but it took a lot of time to make, it was super fun. The pic is down below:


 

 

 

 

So, I know this blog is short but I hope you enjoyed it and while writing I myself learnt a little bit more history about who C.V Raman was. The next blog would be even interesting and until then, Sayonara!

 

       

 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to learn from valuable experiences

Newness in our lives is a necessity

Why you SHOULD read classics