Covid times


Nobody knew that we would be in this current type of situation when the whole thing started. My name is Atharva Pachori, I’m 11 years old, I am a home schooler and I live in Ahmedabad, India. Like I said, no one knew that we would be in this situation when it all started because the whole thing was so unpredictable, the lockdown, the rise and fall of the number of cases, recoveries, deaths and so it goes on and on. Plus, I can’t forget what it’s like to see the shirt you ordered, stay in quarantine for a whole week until you finally take it out take a nice good look at it and put it on. Like I said, I’m a home schooler but most of my friends aren’t. So, I would get regular calls from them regarding their daily NEW type of life, here’s how it went: they all were bored, like SUPER bored for because earlier they spent 8 hours a day in their classrooms, playground, playing, eating, running and a lot more more more more but
  now it was all at home. For a change, I was pretty happy with my life, unlike my friends. See home schooling involves studying at home, researches, playing with my brother and blah blah blah. In short, we did most of the work at home. So not much is new except earlier I used to go out for classes but because of this lockdown thing my father stayed at home, we used to watch television together, made awesomely delicious food and much more.

But to be honestly speaking, this coronavirus pandemic has been awesome in many cool types of ways. I started my Instagram page (atharva.dishen) opened my Gmail account, found out new YouTube channels and began writing here. Also I gave Origami classes virtually which was a whole new experience (giving classes was one of my dreams I always wanted to do) and actually got much closer to my friends, yet being so far away. Video chats are very common and I love to see my friends because it feels good to see different faces during staying at home. Also listening to songs is my way to totally relax. And making art, not to forget because that’s what I am doing very recently except writing here. I love drawing because I am quite happy with my results and that’s new because I am super critical about my work and it would have ended up torn up by me of anger, but I am happy because I am practicing now (doing EXACTLY what my parents had been telling me since ages). Reading books is like the main thing I love to do when I’m drawing or playing, actually this is the only one thing that kept me occupied during the beginning of these grim times. Anyway, some of these new passions are bringing new activities to my life.

This Covid has changed my life because it had brought many other activities and practices that I wasn’t able to or not wanting to do but this is new and I bet new will fit right in and one last thing I urge to do is to travel. See, we used to have a trip at least once every 4-6 months but that’s not happening right now and won’t happen in the foreseeable future. I want to do it even more now than ever before. But I will probably be replacing it by any other great activity. I’ll be writing here every Saturday so stay tuned. More interesting topics are coming your way!

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to learn from valuable experiences

Newness in our lives is a necessity

Why you SHOULD read classics